Sunday, June 30, 2013

Strawberry Project



 Seattle's summer time is back here again! We started to have beautiful sunny days recently, and my husband and I drove to a strawberry farm in Arlington, WA, on last Friday.

 I sensed great berry scent coming from the field as soon as we arrived there.

 We hopped on a cart to get to the pick-up spot and started to pick up strawberries. I love it when the hull of berry was split from the vine with a pop. We gathered plenty of strawberries for two.  The freshest strawberries we tried there couldn't be tastier.


 Next day in the morning, we had a strawberry breakfast with this really good, locally made scone.


 Also I made strawberry jam for the first time in my life (following a recipe) yesterday, and had it for today's breakfast. Mmmmm.... I did a great job!




 Now there are great portion of strawberries that already got too soft to eat, and these are kept frozen for my next project, which is strawberry dye on paper. I will post how it turned out when I have done :)


No comments:

Post a Comment